Get the most secure android phone!
With our hardened operating system and with the Titan M security chip you get full control of your data.
The monocles phone alpha is a good compromise between high security and usability.
Preinstalled with the privacy friendly monocles apps you can directly log in to your secure monocles account or any other service provider of your choice.
Protection of data privacy:
moculaOS also contains data protection extensions from GrapheneOS on different levels of the operating system and in the supplied applications:
- the access to the clipboard for applications running in the background is disabled by default
- network access (including Wi-Fi and GSM) can be removed from individual applications
- access to the sensors of the device can be removed from applications
- camera access is not possible for applications running in the background and it is displayed when the camera is used
- the default settings are already optimized for data protection and security
- Vanadium: hardened webview and a chrome based browser or the secure monocles browser
- encrypted backups through the integration of the Seedvault app with support for local backups and all cloud storage providers with a cloud provider app
- the update protocol does not send identifiable information to the update server and works well over a VPN or with TOR
Free from google apps, services and connections:
Though the monocles phones are based on Google Pixel smartphones, they are completely free from Google apps and services.
Nevertheless you can install Google Play services if really needed as fully sandboxed apps without special privileges.
Lighter and cleaner:
- absolutely no tracking, ads or surveillance
- no Google apps or connections
- no bloatware
Supported banking apps (Germany):
- mBank (GLS Bank)
- DKB-Banking incl. DKB-TAN2go (DKB Bank)
- comdirect mobile App incl. comdirect photoTAN App (Comdirect Bank)
- MyBanking Classic (PSD Banken, Triodos Bank, BBB Bank and more)
- ING Banking to go (ING Bank)
- Sparkasse Ihre mobile Filiale, S-pushTAN (Sparkasse)
- Tomorrow Mobile Banking (Tomorrow Bank)
- Consorsbank (Consorsbank)
moculaOS is based on GrapheneOS which is an hardened Android with many security and privacy improvements and can be seen as it’s own operating system. Additionally GrapheneOS and moculaOS are often giving faster security updates. Compared to that other Android distributions such as /e/, CalyxOS or LineageOS are only based on standard Android.
Our fork of GrapheneOS gives the best solution for highest security and a good usability and compatibility.
The monocles phone alpha will get security updates for 3 years. The OEM minimum support ends in August 2023. Further harm reduction updates are expected to be released after August 2023.
- Processor (CPU): Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G (8 nm)
- Google Pixel 4a, 128 GB storage
- RAM: 6 GB
- Display: 147,57 mm (5.81″), 1080 x 2340 pixels, 443 ppi, OLED full-screen display with punch-hole front camera
- Rear camera: 12.2 MP, f/1.7, 27mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
- Front camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1.12µm
- Titan M security chip
- Ports: USB Type-C 3.1
- Networks: GSM, LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Fingerprint rear-mounted
- 1x Nano SIM card slot, 1x eSIM
Scope of Delivery
- monocles phone alpha (Google Pixel 4a, 128 GB storage)
- USB-C to USB-C cable
- SIM card needle
Delivered in an environment friendly sealed box to convince yourself that no one else had unpacked your smartphone.
* Because this smartphone manufactured by Google has been modified without the approval of Google, the brands on this product only point to the origin product and are not used by monocles as brands.